I added my first external finish paint this afternoon. It’s the first 2-part poly paint I’ve used. It seemed to go on well, although there are some small runs in places. I think I went a little heavy on the thickness. I like the cream color. It should look nice next to the black hull and be easier on the eyes than white. I think I’ll flatten the final coat a little to make it look a little more old-fashioned. I rolled it with an ultra-fine foam roller without tipping. I think I’ll need to tip on the hull itself, to avoid runs.
August 18, 2009
August 11, 2009
I spent the weekend priming the topsides and the insides of the bulwarks. The only places left unprimed are in the aft bilges and inside the lazarettes. The cabin interior has a single coat of the pale yellow finish paint – it needs 2 more coats. The hull looks really nice all white and shiny. Now I need to sand off most of the primer and paint it black 🙂
Gray-tinted epoxy being covered over.
Finish paint going over the primer. The aft cabin overhead will be a darker yellow. I want this to be a place to retreat to when it’s too bright outside.