After a few weeks off I’m now working on the sliding doors and the 110 volt wiring. This wiring is pretty basic – three GFI’d duplex outlets and the battery charger. I’m running all the high voltage wiring in plastic conduit, most of which is installed now.
The sliding doors are coming along, but slowly. There’s a lot of work to make them. They’re 3/4 ply with 1/4-inch ply laminated on either side. Here’s a mockup of a door, complete with window and handrail. It’s hanging from a plastic slug in a stainless sail track. There is too much resistance with this system, so I’m going to try a ball-bearing slider instead.
I installed the bronze bow cleat today. I decided not to use the stainless bit I bought. It just seemed like overkill. The cleat uses 2 1/2 inch bronze bolts, through 1 1/2 inches of marine plywood, and a doubled 1/8 inch bronze backing plate. It should be strong enough 😉